Dental professionals are highly trianed in the entire anatomy of the head and neck as well as the oral cavity. Telluride Center for Dentistry can administer your treatments with exceptional accuracy and precision.
Because Botox is a temporary treatment, for your convenience, these treatments can be scheduled to coincide with your routine dental hygiene appointment.
Botox is an FDA approved purified protein which is injected into targeted muscles and temporarily blocks nerve signals that cause movements. This essentially relaxes the muscle, which reduces or eliminates fine lines and wrinkles.
Within 3-5 days of the Botox injection, the treated facial muscles become temporarily relaxed, causing the overlying skin to lay flat and unwrinkled. The untreated facial muscles contract in a normal fashion allowing facial expressions to be unaffected.
Botox injections only take a few minutes and will remain effective for approximately 3 months. With regular treatments, Botox can help train your facial musclaes to reduce wrinkles and facial pain for longer periods of time.
- Botox treatments only take a few minutes depending on the number of injections needed.
- The effects of treatment last for approximately 3 months.
- Patients will begin to see results from their treatment with Botox 3-5 days following the procedure.
- The use of Botox is very safe, however, as with any medical procedure, there are possible risks and side effects to be aware of when using Botox.
- Botox is used to reduce or eliminate facial wrinkles and facial pain caused by muscles in the head and neck.
- Botox is FDA approved for treatment of chronic migraines.